Crystallization consumes major portion of heat energy in a Sugar Manufacturing Process. Spray Continuous Pan (SCP®) is efficiently developed for optimizing evaporative crystallization of sugar solutions. Vertical Continuous Vacuum Pan (SCP®) offers high efficiency without any compromise on the process parameters. Multi-chambered mechanically stirred Vertical Continuous Pan has several advantages over Horizontal Continuous Pans.
|Total Height||25-35 m|
|Diameter of Calandria||4 m|
|Heating Surface per Chamber||250-400 m²|
|No. of Chambers||4-6 Nos.|
|Provision for Graining||2 Bottom Chambers|
|Total Holding Volume||240 m³ (40 x 6)|
|Total Residence Time||3-24 Hrs.|
|Designed Heating Steam Temperature/Pressure||70-90°C/ 30-60 kPaA|
|Designed Outlet Vapour Temperature/Pressure||40-60°C / 8-20 kPaA|
|Feed Liqour Concentration||60-85 % (Total Solids)|
|Heating Steam Temperature||60-95°C|
|Temperature Difference between Boiling Massecuite and Heating Steam||5-25°C|
|Operating Vacuum||5-30 kPaA|
|Massecuite Temperature Range||35-80°C|
|Crystal Content Range||25-60 %|
|Steam Consumption on Massecuite||0.1-0.35 Ton/Ton|
- Suitable for all types of massecuites (Raw, Refined, A, B and C).
- Operates with low pressure vapours of 200 mbar – 500 mbar.
- Essential wetted parts in stainless steel to reduce colour additions.
- Bottom mounted Mechanical Circulator for uniform crystal size.
- Compact size with self supporting structure.
- Honeycomb calandria for improved circulation.
- Minimum Coefficient of Variation (C.V.) [28-30]
- Liquor handling from 50 – 85% concentration due to vigorous circulation.
- Sugar yield of Pan – 55% - 60% with 90-91% brix.
- Chamber bypaas arrangement for CIP. Fully automated intelligent system for precise operation.
- Flexibility of including seed pan and receiving crystallizer within the tower (optional).
- Flexiility to operate on overflow or bottom discharge.
- Modular chamber pre-fitted with instruments to reduce erection time.
- Better massecuite quality
- Improved sugar recovery
- Improved evaporation and crystallization rates with low temperature / pressure vapours Continuous operation with online cleaning
- Lesser hydrostatic effect
- Provision of seed pan with uniform seeding
- Availability for all process ranges.
SCP can operate with vapours of 300mbar – 500mbar (~85 deg C) vapour bled from 3rd or 4th effect of evaporator train. Capability to operate with low temperature vapours ensures process steam economy.
The installed power for complete unit is around 250 - 275 kW. Less operating power required because of planetary drive circulators fitted with VFD.
- Compact modular single tower design
- Complete instrumentation
- Stainless steel wetted parts
- Light gauge self-supported structure
- Vertical installation
The control scheme of a continuous pan is quite different from a batch type pan. SCP has all essential instrumentation that gives flawless performance.
- Ease of operation.
- Integration with any third party control system.
- Provision for flow, temperature, pressure, level and consistency measurement for each chamber.
- Process parameters control for individual chambers.
- Fail safe provisions in case of error / failure.
- Inbuilt historic alarms, historic trends and report generation provision.
- Auto cleaning / rinsing cycle of valves & sensors to minimize shutdowns.
- Individual control of vapor in and out to achieve consistent boiling.