Sugar melting is a common process in Refineries, Cane & Beet Sugar Factories where the melt has to be produced at constant specified brix and temperature.
Looking in to the operational difficulties like use of exhaust / live steam, water and poor control of temperature & brix in conventional melters, SED introduces an energy efficient design for sugar melting system.
- Operation under vacuum / low pressure.
- Accurate brix and temperature controlling.
- No use of live steam / exhaust steam.
- Melting by syrup / water.
- Variable retention time possible.
- Stainless steel horizontal cylindrical vessel having capability to handle melt up to 70-71Brix.
- Horizontal stirrer with paddles ensures no short-circuiting & undissolved crystals, hence giving an efficient plug flow system.
- Utilization of low temperature vapours of 70-80°C in vacuum.
- Possibility to avoid magma pump by vacuum sucking, if located nearby.
- Efficient in- line planetary drive consuming less power.
- The flow of melt, syrup and hot water can be put on automation to achieve controlled output brix & temperature (optional).
- Brix Sensors, with Microwave Sensing Technology ensure constant brix of melt.
- Auto-alarming indication for level fluctuation.